Pets with urgent medical needs will always receive first priority at Homestead Animal Hospital. Emergencies are often unpredictable, and we want to be prepared to accommodate you and your pet if the need should ever arise. Give us a call at (518) 664-2122 so we can prepare for your arrival and be ready to treat your loved one quickly.
Signs Your Pet Is Having an Emergency
Your pet cannot tell you when they need to see a doctor. Review the symptoms and scenarios below if you ever suspect your pet could be having a serious problem:
- Diarrhea/bloody diarrhea
- Vomiting/vomiting blood
- Difficulty breathing/breathing heavily
- Bloated abdomen
- Pale gums
- Trauma (struck by vehicle, attacked by another dog)
- Any type of wound
- Ingested a poisonous plant
- Ingested a toxic substance such as rat poison, antifreeze or fertilizer
- Ingested chocolate, onions, candy or gum containing xylitol, ibuprofen
- Severe swelling around the face (could indicate allergic reaction)
- Prolonged lethargy
- Prolonged blood loss
- Inability to move bowels or urinate
- Foaming at the mouth
- Irregular or rapid heart rate
- Inability to stand or walk
- Loss of consciousness
Call our hospital at (518) 664-2122 if your pet is exhibiting one or more of these symptoms; we would be more than happy to help you.
After Hours Emergency
Because we are constantly striving to provide you the best care possible, we have now partnered with GuardianVets to provide you after-hours veterinary care support!
If you have a question after hours simply call our practice and you will have access to care 24/7. If the issue is non-emergent we will help you request an appointment for the next business day.
We understand your pet’s health doesn’t follow a 9-5 schedule and sometimes questions may come up after hours. Our goal is to provide you the best customer service possible and always be there for you when you need it.